9th Excursion Trip: Segovia (November 24th)

Hello Everyone,

Friday, November 24th was the last day of our excursion trips as a group with BYU. The last and final area that we went to visit was a place called Segovia which is the capital and part of the province of Segovia. Segovia is part of Castilla y Leon.

Many people do not know this, on my mission when I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I spent my last P-day in Segovia. It was the 4th of July in 2016 and I was serving in my last area Valladolid and my last week as a missionary was coming up. Segovia was one of the places that I have never been able to visit during the 2 years I spent in Spain working for the church. So, I was able to go. When I went I remember I spent time with the other Elders who were there in Segovia, Elders Roka and Jeppson. They showed us around the city and we had a great time. I was so sad that day because I could not get over the fact that I was going to end my mission.

About a year and a handful of months I was so excited to go back and see Segovia. It was amazing and I felt like I was retracing the steps of Mr. Elder Galvan who once walked the streets of Segovia, Spain. It was very different this time. I was not a missionary and I was able to spend more time there. Unfortunately, due to unlucky circumstances with the program director we had to cut the trip very short. So, in reality I felt like I spent more time in Segovia as a missionary. I find a lot of irony in that because I remember complaining as a missionary about how much  would have liked to spend more time in Segovia and in reality I did.

We did not do too much in Segovia. The main attraction of our trip was visiting the Alcazar and we ate at a restaurant. In the Alcazar it has a lot of history and one of the famous events that happened in the Alcazar was where Christopher Coloumbus was granted permission to voyage to India where he ran into the Americas.

In the restaurant we ate a typical plate of food that you will find in Segovia. We ate pieces of chorizo and cheese to start with. Then, we ate a plate of pig and potatoes which was amazing. As the trip was over I realized that Segovia was not only the last place I visited on my P-day, it was the last excursion I did on a Study Abroad.

Besides that, this blog post officially marks the end of all my blogs for the study abroad. I will try and continue blogging and keep you guys updated how the next 6 weeks left I have here in Madrid will be like.

Love,
Sal Galvan
































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5th Excursion Trip: Valencia (October 19, 20 and 21)

2nd Excursion Trip: Toledo

8th Excursion Trip: Merida & Portugal (November 14th - 18th)